Saint Mary (ruin), Colston Bassett

The former church of Saint Mary, Colston Bassett was replaced by the new church of Saint John the Divine in 1892. Since that time, it has fallen into ruin but has recently been consolidated and made safe with the help of English Heritage and funding from the National Lottery. Occasional ‘outdoor’ services are held in the church and the churchyard is still used for burials. Further details of its history can be found on the Southwell and Nottingham Church History Project.