The Parish of Wiverton in the Vale will be holding its Annual Meeting of Parishioners (AMP) and Annual Parochial Church Meeting (APCM) at St Andrew’s Church, Langar at 7.30pm on Monday 29th April.
The AMP is held primarily to elect or re-elect churchwardens to their post and usually only takes about 10 minutes. It may be attended by anyone on the parish electoral roll or on the (local government) electoral roll at an address within the parish.
The APCM is held to:
- elect (or re-elect) PCC members
- report on changes in the electoral roll
- present an Annual Report of the proceedings of the PCC and the activities of the parish generally
- report on the annual financial accounts
- report on the fabric, goods and ornaments of the churches of the parish
- Report on the proceedings of the Deanery Synod and other matters of parochial or general Church interest
Only those registered on the Parish Electoral Roll may vote at the APCM.