Every year, parishes in the Church of England hold two important meetings:
- The Annual Meeting of Parishioners (AMP) is open to anyone on the electoral roll of the Parish of Wiverton in the Vale or resident in the parish and whose name is on the civil electoral roll of a community within the parish. The purpose of this meeting is to elect churchwardens
- The Annual Parochial Church Meeting (APCM) is only open to those on the electoral roll of the Parish of Wiverton in the Vale. This meeting is to elect PCC members and representatives to the Deanery Synod as well as to present reports on various aspects of church life
These meetings are traditionally held in one of our churches on a single evening in April but, due to the continuing social-distancing guidelines, will for a second successive year be held online via the Zoom platform on Monday 24 May 2021 at 7pm.
If you would like to stand for one or more of the offices mentioned above, please contact the Parish Administrator, who can tell you more about what the roles entail and provide you with an application form. Alternatively, you can download copies of the application forms by clicking on the links below:
- Nomination for Churchwarden
- Nomination for Election to the Parochial Church Council (PCC)
- Nomination for Election to the Deanery Synod
Completed nomination forms for Churchwarden must be received by the Parish Administrator by Sunday 16 May. Nomination forms for PCC or Deanery Synod member may be submitted up until the date of the meeting, but it would be very helpful if they could also be received by 16 May. Nominations received after this date will not be listed on the ballot paper for postal voting (see below).
For reasons of online security, we do not publish links to live meetings on our website. Also, to ensure adequate safeguarding, we require full contact details of all participants.
If you already receive invitations to Morning Prayer, Evening Prayer or Time for a Cuppa through our regular mailings and are eligible to attend one or both meetings, you will automatically receive (by email) an invitation to the AMP and APCM along with a package of supporting documents.
If you don’t currently receive online service invitations from us, but you are eligible (see above) and would like to attend the AMP and APCM, click here and follow the instructions to receive an invitation by email. Please ensure that you provide your name, address, phone number and email address and then tick the Annual Parochial Church Meeting (APCM) box under ZOOM invitations. If you are not known to the meeting organiser, we will contact you before we send you an invitation in order to ensure the security and safeguarding of everyone in the group. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.
If you have not used Zoom before, don’t worry, it is very straightforward – click here to read some guidelines for setting it up and using it.
If you are unable to attend the meeting, but would still like to vote in one or more of the elections, you can apply for a postal vote by clicking here and completing the form. Please provide your name, address and phone number. You will be sent a postal voting form after 16 May, which should be returned to the Parish Administrator before the date of the meeting.