Saint Mary (former Chapel of Ease), Barnstone

Saint Mary, Barnstone lies in the civil parish of Langar cum Barnstone, and dates from 1857, when it was constructed as a Chapel of Ease for the church at Langar. Occasional services were held there until 2017 but the building is now closed and the village of Barnstone is served by the church of Saint Andrew in Langar. Further details of its history can be found on the Southwell and Nottingham Church History Project.

%d bloggers like this: